MEETING ON THE IMPLEMENTATION OF UN SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT COOPERATION FRAMEWORK FOR 2021-2025
On December 15, 2022, in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan a regular meeting of the Joint UN-Turkmenistan Steering Committee for the implementation of UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework for 2021-2025 (UNSDCF) was convened in a hybrid format.
The meeting was attended by the heads and employees of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan, representatives of relevant ministries and state agencies of the country, as well as heads and representatives of the UN structures in Ashgabat.
During the meeting, the main achievements in the implementation UNSDCF for 2022, the Roadmap of the UNSDCF for 2022 were considered. At the same time, the parties discussed in detail the progress of the issues of the five target groups of the Framework Program, including the rule of law, the sectors of the economy, ecology, healthcare and education.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan R.Meredov focused the attention of the participants on strengthening cooperation in the following areas:
- ensuring a "green" economy and presenting relevant concepts in this area;
- food security and climate change, through the use of modern green technologies;
- digitalization and data management;
- further development of the education system with an emphasis on school and vocational education;
- strengthening health care capacity;
- development of human rights institutions in Turkmenistan, in particular, the formation of specialized areas in the structure of the Commissioner for Human Rights;
- advanced training systems, including the consideration of the development and implementation of the Memorandum on cooperation between diplomats and other civil servants within the UN.
In this regard, the national partners together with the relevant UN agencies within the Groups were invited to intensify cooperation with an emphasis on the implementation of the abovementioned areas, as well as to consider the preparation of the "Roadmap" of the UNSDCF for 2023.